Telemetry Testing

We spent all day Saturday working through telemetry issues. We’re still not getting the performance we should out of the 900 mhz system. We set up the mission control van and all the antennas in the parking lot just like we were in the field on a mission. We then hiked for the road with the flight systems. When there was enough ground clutter to start messing up the transmission the work would begin. We would swap antennas, cables, radios, connectors, change configurations, switch from shore power to batteries, everything got a once over. We really shook down the system. After melting all day, it was almost a hundred degrees out on the street, we found a weird problem involving the an amp and one of big dishes.

We’re still narrowing it down, but now it’s in our sights.

Comments are closed.